Shuswap Nation Tribal Council
Position: RiverFresh Store Manager (full-time, Term)
SNTC Wage Level: V
POSITION PROFILE: The RiverFresh Store Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the RiverFresh store including implementing policies, procedures, standards, providing customer service, managing the staff and performing related work as required. The RiverFresh Store Manager is responsible for the training and development of the assistant manager, office assistant, warehouse manager, sales associates, summer students and targeted wage subsidy employees. The RiverFresh Store Manager will report to the RiverFresh Director.
List of Qualifications specific to the position:
- Prefer Degree or Diploma in related discipline or 5 years experience in seafood sales, commercial fisheries or retail store management with proven sales experience;
- Experience with public relations, customer service and sales;
- Experience with human resource management in particular supervising and training staff, providing leadership and motivating cross functional teams;
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships; must be results oriented and driven to succeed;
- Experience in managing multiple tasks, often with competing deadlines;
- Experience with making presentations to individuals and groups, and preparing clear, concise and informative reports, correspondence and other written materials;
- Knowledge of budget management and executing marketing and sales plans;
- Must have intermediate computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and graphic design;
- Familiarity with SNTC and its member communities is an asset;
- Understanding of Secwepemc culture, history and traditions is an asset;
- Availability to work various shifts, including weekends and holidays on a continuous basis;
- Must be able to travel for training and customer service;
- Must have valid Driver’s License, clean drivers abstract, clean criminal background check and reliable transportation;
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks and work that may be physically challenging, such as lifting 50 lbs.
STANDARDS OF SERVICE:
- Maintains confidentiality of professionally acquired information.
- Provides service in non-judgmental and in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Is accessible, accountable, cordial and responsive in all manner of communications for the SNTC.
- Presents themselves professionally in the workplace and when conducting business for the SNTC, keeping in mind at all times s/he represents the SNTC in a manner of professionalism and integrity.
- “GREAT” customer service skills. Greet, Rapport, Engage, Add-On, Thank.
- Must comply with all Shuswap Nation Tribal Council policies and procedures.
- Implements goals, objectives, policies, schedules, procedures and work standards and monitors projects/programs from inception through delivery;
- Works with a team to execute priorities and allocate resources to initiatives or programs;
- Ensures sales figures increase year over year and researches new value-added products to bring to the development team;
- Maintains awareness of trends, business conditions and internal processes and practices impacting project/program deliverables.
Customer Service & Sales
- Generates sales through sales calls, trips, marketing and food shows;
- Trains staff on how to generate new sales and to respond to each customer’s needs;
- Works at farmers’ markets and special events to drive sales;
- Upholds personal sales goals and demonstrates sales techniques; coaches sales staff on selling performance;
- Makes charitable donations and participates in local community promotions;
- Addresses and makes records of customer inquiries, comments and complaints;
- Communicates sales productivity requirements to staff members and supports selling efforts.
Retail Store Management / Managing Farmers’ Market Booths
- Monitors, directs and/or performs day-to-day operations such as sales generation, customer service, operations, training, research and development, and marketing;
- Operates RiverFresh booths to educate the public, promote the products and fill orders;
- Liaises with Farmers’ Market Managers and directors;
- Manages cash sales and credit/debit card transactions at day end;
- Oversees product deliveries with the refrigerated van;
- Ensures store cleaning procedures are followed;
- Participates in long and short term program planning including staffing, training, and retail operations;
- Executes improvements to operations to meet changing parameters and requirements.
- Communicates with the RiverFresh Director about product needs and arranges logistics of product processing, packaging and transfer to cold storage facilities.
- Ensures display areas are properly stocked and anticipates inventory requirements;
- Institutes an inventory control system; participates in regular inventory counts and audits;
- Ensures products are properly weighed, priced and labeled; conducts product quality control.
Marketing / Advertising
- Executes marketing plans including for local, international, retail and wholesale markets;
- Conducts ongoing market research for trends in marketing, demographics, advertising;
- Researches new product opportunities including costs, demand and feasibility;
- Manages the RiverFresh website and social media accounts;
- Collaborates in the design and purchase of promotional materials;
- Arranges distribution to get the “right product, in the right quantity, to the right place, at the right time”.
- Monitors the handling of cash and sales receipts;
- Oversees invoicing and tracks payments; follows up on overdue accounts;
- Reviews and reconciles monthly sales statements;
- Monitors monthly statement of revenues and expenditures;
- Tracks programs against the schedule, budget and objectives, and reports on status;
- Improves operational efficiencies of RiverFresh to accommodate increased sales, inventory, staff and strategic partnerships;
- Participates in business development, expansion and diversification sessions with government and other strategic business partners;
- Maintains and strengthens partnerships and collaborations amongst First Nations, government departments, industry and business organizations to support RiverFresh;
- Explores options to diversify RiverFresh business model, and implements ideas when budgets allow.
Human Resource Management
- Assists in developing job descriptions and postings; participates in recruitment processes;
- Conducts staff orientation, training, and supervision and assists with staff evaluations;
- Works with appropriate parties to define, plan and execute training and quality assurance programs;
- Oversees staff scheduling and work planning; helps review staff time sheets and leave requests;
- Implements corrective actions for staff as necessary; identifies any safety issues and concerns;
- Actively holds and participates in RiverFresh staff meetings;
- Actively participates in SNTC staff meetings.
- Provides monthly written reports summarizing RiverFresh activities to the RiverFresh Director and others as required;
- Provides reports to SNTC Finance on sales receipts and paid invoices by the 4th day of every month;
- Maintains written records that provide for the proper evaluation, control and documentation of assigned activities.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as necessary in the performance of the position and as assigned by the RiverFresh Director.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Term, full-time position;
- Hours of work will be a minimum of 35 hours per week, which will include some time during evenings and weekends;
- Job location: RiverFresh Retail Store and farmers’ markets;
- Salary is negotiable depending upon qualifications and experience.
Under the Canadian Human Rights Act exceptions are created to promote the hiring of Aboriginal people in preference over other candidates for reasons of self-government, cultural autonomy and cultural development. In accordance with the SNTC Human Resource Policy, the first priority will be to hire qualified persons of Secwepemc ancestry.
We invite applications consisting of a cover letter and a resume with names of references to be submitted to the Shuswap Nation Tribal Council attention Nikki Johnston, RiverFresh Director, no later than 12:00 noon Monday February 13, 2017.
RiverFresh Wild BC Seafood
c/o Shuswap Nation Tribal Council
680 Athabasca Street West
Kamloops, BC, V2H 1C4
The Shuswap Nation Tribal Council thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.